Best-in-class data security, the congestion-free 900MHz band and the RC4Magic Two-Year Warranty make the RC4Magic-900SX DMXio the very best choice for reliable wireless DMX. RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for use in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil.
Fast, Secure Wireless DMX Transmission and Distribution
The RC4Magic-900SX DMXio-HG transceiver is ideal for dimming lamps, LEDs and more, while providing state of the art security and best-in-class, congestion-free 900MHz wireless dimming for customers in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand.
The 900SX DMXio-HG transceiver is a smart device that automatically detects other wireless transmitters, and will automatically switch to receive mode. Manually switching modes is as simple as a push of a button. The 900SX DMXio transceiver—working with another 900 SX DMXio or with another RC4 900SX wireless DMX device- is the ideal hub for all wireless 900MHz dimming in theater, arenas, films, television and even in architectural applications.
900MHz avoids the congested 2.4GHz band and provides a fast, reliable, secure signal up to 600 feet (180m) or more inside theatres and other performance spaces, and to 1000 feet (300m) or more outdoors. Three DMX universes—and occasionally more- can operate safely and reliably in the 900MHz band, thanks in part to RC4 System IDs. This means interference-free operation anywhere, anytime.
- Dimensions: 3.4” x 2.3” x 1.55” nominal (approx. 86mm x 59mm x 40mm). Mounting flanges extend an additional 0.5″ (13mm), for a bottom footprint of 4.4″ x 2.3″ (112mm x 59mm)
- Weight: 3.60oz
- DMX Input/Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990. XLR5 male and female, and RC4 non-standard miniplug port
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, a world-voltage 90 – 250VAC high-efficiency AC adaptor is included. International purchasers will receive a multi prong adapter with connections for Europe, UK, Australia, and North America. North American customers will receive a standard adaptor for use in USA and Canada.
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX termination enable/disable; selectable top/bottom DMX channel; selectable RF power output levels (RC4Magic-900 900MHz* FHSS 250mW max.) Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- 902-928MHz RC4Magic-900 RF Antenna: RP-SMA external antenna with nominal 243m range is included. Range can be further extended using high-gain and/or directional antennas where regulations permit
- Only 1 DMXio transmitter should be operated on each system ID
- DMX Input: meets USITT DMX512/1990(4us) with 1-second data hold after dropout
- DMX Output: straight-thru hardware connection from DMX input to output
- Optional DMX channel limiting: set lowest and highest channel using RC4 OneTouch (default is full 512-channel universe)
- Any number of DMXio receivers may be used in a system
- DMX Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990
- The DMX specification allows up to 32 devices on a DMX output. The DMXio data output exceeds this requirement and is capable of driving additional devices
- Internally protected against static discharge and excessive line loading
RC4Magic DMX Protocol Compliance
- DMX inputs and outputs comply with USITT DMX512/1990(4us)
- Packets with non-zero start codes are not transmitted; RC4Magic cannot transfer proprietary data or RDM packets
- DMXio receiver output replicates DMXio transmitter input, providing the same number of DMX channels and the same number of packets per second (pps)
- Minimum number of DMX channels per packet: 1
- Maximum number of DMX channels per packet: 512
- Maximum packet-per-second rate: 44pps with 512 channels, 10000pps with 1 channel
- RC4Magic-900 DMXio Wireless Transceiver User Manual
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller